Want to find out more about How Eggxactly works? We have all your questions ready for you below.
Unlike traditional egg cooking methods that use water to boil an egg, Eggxactly wraps the egg in a silicon that heats and cooks the egg evenly.
Gourmet Mode can be applied to all four settings. Gourmet Mode simply reduces the temperature and cooks the egg for longer. The result is a creamier egg.
To cook in gourmet mode, simply hold down the switch of the cooker for longer than 2 seconds. The red light of the cooker will flash in order for you to know Gourmet Mode is active. Once cooking is finished cooker will automatically revert to normal cooking mode.
Ensure that you have unplugged from the mains. Use a damp cloth and wipe the element. Be careful not to apply too much pressure.
Remove egg by using a cloth or a spoon. Please ensure that no sharp objects are used to remove egg as this will damage the silicone.
If the silicone is damaged DO NOT try to cook eggs. Please return the cooker to us. Address can be found in the contact us section.
No, the cooker must be connected to an electric socket.
The manufacturing warranty is 24 months.
By avoiding the need to boil water, our design focuses purely on heating the egg alone leaving no room for waste. On top of this, you’ll save water on washing up with our mess free approach. Thanks to our revolutionary silicon design, cooking an egg has never been more eco- friendly.
Our innovative silicon design holds chicken eggs of many sizes, adapting to their shape and delivering an even cook every time. However, If the egg is abnormally small, the cooker will notify you by not turning on.
You can stop cooking at any time by opening the cooker. However, this will not be to your desired setting.
This is normal. The Egg shell is extremely porous and water escapes when heated. Ensure that your hand in not placed close to the cooker while cooking.
Yes. The difference in time is gained as there is no need for water to boil.
Eggs are one of the most nutritious foods on the planet. A single large boiled egg contains: • Vitamin A: 6% of the RDA • Folate: 5% of the RDA • Vitamin B5: 7% of the RDA • Vitamin B12: 9% of the RDA • Vitamin B2: 15% of the RDA • Phosphorus: 9% of the RDA • Selenium: 22% of the RDA • Eggs also contain decent amounts of Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, Calcium and Zinc (source: NHS health) With only 77 calories, 6 grams of protein and 5 grams of healthy fats, eggs are pretty much the perfect food, as they contain a little bit of almost every nutrient we need.
It is true that eggs are high in cholesterol. A single egg contains 212 mg, which is over half of the recommended daily intake of 300 mg. However this does not imply that cholesterol in the our diet raises cholesterol in our blood . (Click here for more information) (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0026049565900028) The response to egg consumption varies between individual: Source: (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16340654) • In 70% of people, eggs don't raise cholesterol at all • In the other 30% (termed "hyper responders"), eggs can mildly raise Total and LDL cholesterol
Choline is a nutrient that most people haven’t even heard about. Yet, it is an extremely important substance grouped within the B vitamins. This nutrient is used to build cell membranes and has a plays a vital role in producing signaling molecules in the brain, along with various other functions. Dietary surveys have shown that about 90% of people in the U.S. are getting less than the recommended amount of choline. A single egg contains more than 100 mg of this very important nutrient.
A consequence of aging is that eyesight deteriorates. There are several other nutrients that help counteract some of the degenerative processes that can affect our eyes. Lutein and Zeaxanthin are two nutrients and powerful antioxidants that regenerate the retina of the eye. Studies show that consuming adequate amounts of these nutrients can significantly reduce the risk of cataracts and macular degeneration, two very common eye disorders. (Source: http://www.iovs.org/content/47/6/2329.short) Eggs are also high in Vitamin A, where its deficiency is the most common cause of blindness in the world.
Not all eggs are created equal. Their nutrient composition varies depending on how the hens were fed and raised. Omega-3 enriched eggs are known to reduce blood levels of triglycerides, a well-known risk factor for heart disease. Studies show that consuming Omega-3 enriched eggs is a very effective way to reduce triglycerides in the blood. In one of the studies, just 5 omega-3 enriched eggs per week for 3 weeks reduced triglycerides by 16-18%. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7906572)